3/1/08

Future Eduard 1/48 scale kits

I know you might be have already informed of new Eduard 1/48 kits, but I just think it will be interested to share with you:

FUTURE KITS

"There will be only one new kit in March, which will be the Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-5 in the Weekend Edition. So, nothing really new in the true sense of the word. Just a notice for the guys who love to compare prices, these WEEKEND kits bring similar box contents as the other manufacturers’ standard kits. Plastic, decals, and instructions. The photo-etch and masks are still a little bit above standard.

Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-5In April, we want to re-release the Spitfire Mk.22/24 in 1/48th scale. I forgot to let you know about this in the January newsletter, so you know it now. There will also be the I-16 type 10 in Spanish markings in a Weekend Edition offering.
Spitfire Mk.22/24
Some lines caught my attention most. You know that I'm true Luftwaffe subjects fan and when it comes to Doras.. Focke-Wolf FW-190D-9 was my first "normally" built model and my 1st scale modelling love. That's why I'm always interested to read or to see Dora models. Anyway, here's very interesting text on Eduard's news:

"...Last week we had a tough time with the Fw 190D nose, when the final shape didn’t jive with the blueprint plan. We spent long hours analyzing the problem, and to try and figure out why it didn’t look right. Finally, we got the nose which we were happy with, but it doesn’t mean it will be accepted by all future critics. Simply put, whoever sees the result for the first time, hasn’t necessarily the experience of these hours of analysis, or the done and re-done trial shapes."
One thing I haven't understood - which scale it's going to be?

No comments:

Contact me: